Saturday 12 March 2016

This Posting is Sorta, Kinda Amazing.

Life is so amazing when you have helpful colleagues and superiors.

The hard tasks seem way more bearable.
Honestly. Sometimes I shudder to think of myself in other postings where the superiors aren't as nice. This department's reputation for nice superiors and colleagues and working system really exceeds expectations.

Even in the busiest of times, you do not feel too pressured. Don't get me wrong, the pressure is there. But knowing that your MOs will understand your business and help you with other tasks that are usually way below MO job scopes is a blessing. They do not force you to do rounds at a specific time. They know you're doing your job, and they do their best to help you, too.

When I ask for help or pointers, the worst reaction I can get is a slight remark in my need to study a topic- which rarely happens anyway. Most of the time they are just glad I asked questions pertaining the management of the patients, and explain their actions patiently. When I fail at a certain procedure more than twice, I can ask for their help to do it. Sometimes, I don't even have to ask- they'll just appear and volunteer to do it for me.

What. Even,

I haven't met all of the available MOs and senior HOs in my department, but I'm really happy with the ones I have so far. After tomorrow, though, I will be in a different ward... With different people. I'm kind of scared I'll do worse.

I'm not a super HO or anything, but I can find myself smiling as I do my work. The nurses are becoming friendlier and friendlier by the day. Everyone tries to help others in the ward.

This posting has so far been a great blessing. I was right; I wanted a different department initially, but thought that if I didn't get into that department, then God knows that's for the best, and I should stick to it.

I'm glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment