Tuesday 15 March 2016

"Doctor posting yang berapa ni?"

Sister: Doctor, posting yang keberapa ni?
Me: Posting first, Sister~
Sister: Ye ke? Laa, saya ingatkan dah berapa. Cara Doctor macam bukan first poster~

That simple remark just made my day.
And possibly my entire week.
Never underestimate kindness. Such an off-hand remark from a friendly ward sister and it was enough to make my heart bloom again; made me treat patients with a bigger smile on my face... 

The impact is astounding.

Also the 'Thank you, Dr!'s I got from patients and their parents. Today was filled with it- even though I only took care of the ward for two days. One even personally shook my hand and thanked me for the care I gave to her son.

Just... Amazing.
And to think just a few hours prior to that, I felt useless and felt I had no role in anything.

Today is one of those days that remind you of how rewarding this career is.
This kind of day is not guaranteed to happen every day.

I left my house crying today. For the first time since tagging, I really cried and wished I could quit. I considered taking emergency leave for my sanity. But someone saw me through it, and made me drag my butt to the hospital. For a while, the only thought in my head was "I should stop being selfish- there are people who need me."

And it was one of the greatest days I've had in a hospital.

There is no guarantee of what to expect.
Each brand new day is an opportunity for you to experience life's greatest pleasures, even in the most dire of times.

Believe in the silver lining. Believe that no good deed goes unrewarded, and that no bad deed goes unpunished. Just believe.


I don't intend to make this post braggy; I'm sorry if it sounds that way.
But it was an amazing day, and I know there will be more days like today- just like there will be more days like yesterday. But until and unless you wake up and bring yourself to greet the day, you'll never know what you'll miss!


And don't get me wrong, busy is busy. But there are types of busy that are more enjoyable, less hectic, mmkay. HOship is not a cakewalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment